Elo elo. What have we here?
A large, fresh, crusty, white piece of French bread?
With no idea of number of calories?
Yes indeedy! this was my lunch yesterday and it was THE BEST!
Thanks to Ellie, ♥ for her question about favourite carbs. I answered white crusty bread... then slight coincidence, my dear mama comes home from the supermarket with.... French bread! How could I possibly turn it down?
That would be a crime.
It was accompanied by 2 triangles of full fat dairylea, a sice of beef, some lettuce and some mahusive dollops of Branston Pickle.....
.... and this salad.
A lot of bloggers have been mentioning these bars so I thought I'd give em a go!
I really liked the cocoa-y taste whilst I was eating it but afterwards, I found the nuts made my mouth really dry and as I'm not really a nut fan it wasn't the best taste to be left with!
In the afternoon I met up with two of my gorgeous girlies for gossip and a gulp (or lots) of gloriousness galore (aka cappuccino's).
And Lou had got me a surprise! It's a reminder of the awesome Chitty Chitty Bang Bang evening! hehe!
It does have quite alot of words, and not very many pictures so it may take me a while to get through it :p
There is NOTHING better than a good catch up with fabulous, funny friends. Which is quite a weird thing for me to be saying since it was my worst nightmare a few years ago to have to try and chat to people!
In fact, thinking about it, so so many of my personality traits have changed now that I have left my miserable teenage years behind and am living life without a slight cloud of depression over me! These are ones I can think of off the top of my head:
I used to be petrified of social situations because I could never think of what to say, and I felt really awkward. Now, as long as they're peeps that I feel comfortable with, I love it!
Weetabix and porridge WERE disgusting!
I hated walking, but now I love the countryside and looking at the beautiful views.
I would refuse to go clothes shopping cos I felt so uncomfortable and ugly. Now, you can't keep me away. Oh and I would feel guilty for spending money on myself - that feeling could really come in useful at times now!
I only liked meals that were meat, potatoes and veg. Now my favourites include spag bol, and risotto - they're all mixed up ahhh! And last night I had an awesome Thai green chicken curry out at a restaurant with my family :)
Magazines bored me. Now I can't get enough of them! which is kind of annoying cos they can be triggering.
I had absolutely no interest in food, cooking, or cookery shows. (Ok this might be a bit e.d related cos I then went through a really obsessive phase, but that's calmed down a lot now). I now enjoy cooking and eating, and finding food combos that work well together.
I didn't like anything remotely spicy. Now, well see thai curry above!
I used to be a tomboy, didn't wear makeup, didn't care what I wore.... well now I actually make an effort!
I would never ever talk about anything important to anyone. Since therapy I am soooo much better at talking about things that are bothering me etc.
Oh, and one more: I now enjoy writing a journal. This is my current one.
Ok this post is probs getting a bit on the long side so I shall shut up now!
Quick question: what changes have you noticed in yourself since before the onset of your eating disorder and now?
Loves
Amy xxxx
3 comments:
Yay for baguettes! Ah, foodie twins. And now I am craving Branston Pickle like crazy! I haven't tried the cocoa nut Nakd bar yet, but the banana one is good...I mixed it with yogurt because I hate the dry-mouth thing too.
Changes in me...hmm. I have more perspective on things- I think that has come with age, partially, but wouldn't have happened otherwise. Also the biggest change is being able to step back and look at things without getting all caught up in the moment... I can't do it ALL the time, but more than I used to. I also discovered that I hate mullerlight yogurts and would rather rip my tongue out than drink black coffee. Heh.
Hey Amy,
Thanks for following me! So nice to meet you and find your lovely blog! I use to watch the movie version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang all the time! I loved the songs and Dick Van Dyke is just classic!!
Thanks so much for your message lovely. it made me feel much better :-)
im so lucky to have ur support, you made me think alot more clearly and i had my dinner AND pudding, even tho i still felt wobbly! take THAT ED gremlin!!!
big loves xxx
Post a Comment