Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Ree viz ee on

Ok ok I know I’m procrastinating from what I really should be doing, but for some strange reason blogging seemed much more appealing than revising financial accounting. I just can't think why though.

Although here’s one awesomely thrilling fact (so I can pretend this blogging is actually a revision session!):
Did you know that there are two main ways of accounting for depreciation of an asset (yup. Yup there is) – you can either use….. the straight line method OR …. The reducing balance method!! See? You learn summat new everyday!

Ok moving swiftly on…

Well my day was rudely started by some lovely drunken students setting off the fire alarm at 2 o’clock this morning. The few of us who had not gone out clubbing stood outside shivering waiting for the fire engine to come, even though everyone knew that it was just one of the alarm thingies that had been smashed – there was no fire!! You would think the university would have a way of cancelling the firemen call-out to save them all that time and effort!

Apart from that today has been very uneventful and long and tedious and seemingly never-ending. Apart from a quick trip to the Co-op for a few essential foody things (like I forgot to bring bread or snack bars back with me from home) nothing much has happened.

I am finding it really hard to be in halls at the moment, and I KNOW I need to go out and get more involved and sociable…. But it is HARD!! (for me anyway!) OR I need to decide that I’m happy doing my own thing revising and chilling in my room and not beat myself up for not joining in. Instead I go for not joining AND feeling terrible for it. I’m hopeless I know!

Well eating wise is quite tricky – I think mostly because I have more time to think and worry about it maybe? But it feels like one part of me wants to restrict because I’m not feeling happy, and another part is desperate to constantly eat and eat and eat because I think it would make me feel better. It’s a weird position to be in tbh!

Like, I went to buy some bread today, but instead of buying your normal everyday sliced bread I chose weight-watchers bread which has about half the calories per slice. But I didn’t choose it as a way of restricting my calories but to be able to eat more (I had 4 smaller slices of bread instead of 2 normal).

Thinking about it, maybe my body is trying to tell me that it is not satisfied and needs more calories? Or maybe I’m just boredom eating? I dunno.

My exam yesterday went fine and it was sooo nice to catch up with the girlies afterwards, and of course reward our efforts with a well deserved cappuccino. (I love love love this university for having a subsidised Costa on campus!)
In the afternoon I strolled into town in the sunshine which was laaaavely! I bought some cheapy French manicure polish cos I realised that I’d left all my nail varnish at home… and I don’t trust myself not to bite them all off again unless they are covered in polish! – this is the first time EVER that my nails don’t look revolting and bitten yey!


My first attempt at a french manicure - not bad huh?!

Ok, I better go and cook some dinner now. I think I shall have jacket potato with tuna, and broccoli. Yum.
Love Amy xxx

2 comments:

Clemmy said...

OOOH nice nails lady!!!!
i tried a french manicure once but got confused with the different colours and did my nails white and the tips natural pink. DURRR.
xxxxx

Clemmy said...

haha, it was a mix between split tippex and a serious calcium deficiency!!! still it made for an interesting 'look' :-p

no word on the therapist yet. i keep wainting for the postman to deliver me some mailage, but i dont think he loves me very much....

x