Friday, 16 April 2010

Tourist...me?

Yesterday was a brill day. Me and mum spontaneously decided to go on a trip up to London (this is unheard of for us... my family just aren't all into the spontaneity thing, unless of course it's planned in advance haha!)

After getting the train and having a really good discussion during the hour journey about life, anorexia, and the universe (I’m not sure what the people sitting near us thought but I think their knowledge on eating disorders has now vastly improved) we had a quick pit stop for cappuccinos PLUS an oat and raisin biscuit yumm! before heading off into the sunshine. We decided to go to the National Gallery by Trafalgar Square and it’s not far to walk from Waterloo… although it did take us a while cos I was being a right geek with the camera and kept spotting scenes that “would make a perfect picture”.
The Eye

(I'm the one in green not red, incase you weren't quite sure)

When we eventually made it we had a good old mooch round the gallery. I know absolutely nothing about art but I really loved the work from the Impressionist period… wasn’t so struck on all the 15th century religious paintings though.


Then my stomach was getting embarrassingly rumbly so we headed off in search of lunchie munchies. I wasn’t keen on anything too challenging so opted for a Costa lunch of cappuccno (goes without saying) chicken salad sandwich, and then we shared a pack of these GORGEOUS crisps! They’re beetroot, parsnip and carrot; although to me they all tasted pretty similar.

We had a wander past Buckingham Palace and then along the Thames before heading home. We should really go more often cos it’s only an hours train journey – easy peasy!

After a quick nap (I was feeling shattered when I got home!) and an early tea I set off for the Mayflower theatre to meet Lou and watch…… CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG! It was AMAZING!!! I love love love watching musicals and this definitely did not disappoint. Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to fly in the car but hey ho!

Today’s been pretty eventful too! I met up with someone I knew from school who has recently been diagnosed with anorexia. It was so upsetting to see how ill she looked, and really spooky cos she seems to be exactly in the same position I was in 2 years ago! Absolutely everything she said or was concerned about, I felt EXACTLY the same at that stage. I think it was helpful to her to be able to talk to someone who’d been or is going through recovery, and I was glad that I could make her feel a bit less stressed and confirm that all her fears are natural and understandable (I was gonna say ‘normal’, but I think that may be the wrong word!)

This avo I saw my therapist. It was really useful and I felt I could relax and talk a bit easier today – I think it just takes me a long time to get comfortable and trust peeps before I can feel less anxious.

I need to add a bit more to my diet cos I maintained this week… I had already planned what I was gonna do so when I left I went straight to la supermarche and picked up some FULL FAT dairylea and some 2% (instead of 0%) greek yog. I also added extra (choc.o.lat yey!) to my porridge this eve. I figured I needed to make the changes straight away while the motivation was high an before the nerves set in!
Porridge, semi skimmed milk, sultanas and Green and Blacks CHOCOLATE!!!

Oh and I saw this Edward Monkton card in a shop today - it inspired me!

Au revoir mes amies
Amy xxx

1 comment:

Clemmy said...

howdeeeeeeey chick,
thanks 4 your message, a technophobe surely wouldnt be able to post such loverly piccies on their very fancy blog now would they?!
LOVE the timewarp nutritionist idea, if only she were wearing the appropriate clothes instead of the nasty green nylon shirt she WAS wearing. then i could truly believe. Either way, ill keep an eye out for her in doctor who tonight, she'll probs be lurking in the background clutching her precious old-age weight gain booklet preaching the benefits of a sip of sherry before dindins.... but dont forget to take your false teeth out first!!!

What a nice day for a spontaneous trip, and points for standing next to the horseguard, i pass by them on the bus when im in london (i work there on the weekends) and i ALWAYS see people getting knocked over or dribbled on by the horses :-p
but fair enough, they must get so bored i guess they have to get their fun somehow!! and tres impressed by your choice of gallery visit, A+ for you!

well done for motivating yourself to add more fats too. i NEED to get a nurse or someone to weigh me weekly, i dont weigh myself so i have no idea where i stand on gaining/maintaining. if i did, then maybe id be able to push myself to upp my cals/fat intake. Grr. roll on monday when i hassle the docs again!
hope your having a nice sunny saturday and enjoy the weekend :-)
xxx