Sunday, 4 April 2010

Happy Easter!

The sun is actually shining! It's amazing how much better a few rays can make you feel. I went on a walk with the 'rents this morning and feeling the sun warm my shoulders was fab.u.lous!

I'm still firmly on the band wagon towards being healthy, although little things are trying to knock me off the cart! I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and felt actual remorse that soon my collar bones will be more covered, my wrists won't look so skeletonly dainty and my shoulders might someday have some padding. It feels like I'm losing a big improtant part of me and my natural instinct is to forget about any of the positives involved and to decide that yup skinny is better.

I guess this is just my natural instinct and is habit since I've drummed the thought of 'being skinny is best' into my head for so long. And I understand it's going to take lots and lots of occassions of catching these thoughts and bashing them right back down into the ground, before things get easier.

So, some bashing I have done recently:

  • Eating roast pork with family + aunt, uncle and gran yesterday
  • Having a little bit of cheese sauce - used to be my fave!
  • Joining everyone else in eating plum crumble and custard for pud instead of sticking to my fruit and yog combo
  • CHOOSING to use up the leftover custard on my fruit for lunch instead of having yoghurt
  • Eating white non-'pre-sliced' bread for lunch from a MASSIVE loaf!
  • Running out of dairylea and sliced ham but not having a meltdown
  • Calmly deciding to have a cold pork sandwich instead (so much tastier)

And I am planning on eating some of my Lindt chocolate bunny for an afternoon snack :D

LOL. This pic just cracked me up when I saw it!

Yesterday I had such a nice chat with S. We worked out that we hadn't actually seen each other since she went travelling last summer and I went to uni, so there was plenty to talk about! We managed to make our one drink each last over 3 and a half hours - luckily there weren't many peeps in the cafe or we might have been asked to leave! Guess what I had - yep cappuccino! is there anything better in the world? i think not!..... apart from maybe hot chocolate.... but we'll build up to that one. Don't worry I'll get there slowly!

Love Amy xxx

No comments: