Monday, 29 March 2010

Just keep swimming



I'm really hoping that my energy levels will pick up soon, cos today they seemed to match the weather - grey, dreary and sleepy! It's not easy being positive when I'm so shattered, but all in all it was an ok sort of day.

I got a few jobs done like going to sainbury's for my mum, cleaning my room and starting a bit of revision. I also proved my theory of 'not having many friends' to be totally untrue by texting and facebooking some girlies today and making plans to meet up with L, S.B, S.G and S.R (wow I have alot of friends with 'S' names!) over the next week :) so maybe I'm not the social recluse that I thought I was!!

Had a very yummy snack today of stewed apple (just cut it into little chunks and then microwaved it) with vanilla yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon all mixed up. tastyyy!

I think I might go early morning swimming tomorrow, cos I feel like I need to do a little bit of exercise. It won't be particularly strenuous but it will be good to see some of the swimming peeps and to feel my muscles working. The best feeling is when I am fit and strong and can really feel the power in my strokes. This is somethng I am aiming to get back and I know my body needs to be properly fuelled to do so. That's why I am a bit nervous of going in the morning - not because I am doing exercise for the wrong reasons becase I'm definitely not, - but because it might be demoralising to see how unfit I have become... ah well we shall see!
I also find it really relaxing and the plodding up and down of length on length really helps clear my head. I normally am singing to myself as I go! (I'm weird I now!) I can often come home and go back to bed for a couple of hours aferwards too haha!!

"The water is your friend. You don’t have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move."
Aleksandr Popov


Better be off to bed if I wanna get enough sleep. Nighty night!

Amz xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - well done on recognizing that you want to and need to change!

Just think how you want to be in the summer, enjoying the sun (or lack of!) and being more social again.

That's what motivates me and the fact that I want to be able to wear shorts and t-shirts without being embarrassed by people thinking I'm way too thin.

Go easy on the swimming. I found it really hard to stop exercising, but now I'm just busying myself with my endless art projects for uni and find that I have no time for anything else!

Good luck - and keep up the writing!

xxxxxxxxxx