Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Thief!

Um somebody ate my tea. I am sooo not impressed, esp. as I have hardly any food here at uni atm cos I’d planned what I needed to use up the rest of my supplies.

My poor little chicken curry leftover from last night’s dinner from home was quietly minding its own business in my uni fridge and looking forward to being gobbled up by me today… when just as it was falling into a peaceful sleep, someone snuck up on him and ate the poor little darling!

I was gutted! My rice was already underway when I realised, and I don’t know who it was (although I have my suspicions) as A LOT of food has been going missing recently.

Nevermind, I managed to scrape together a near-enough-meal in the end. I guess it made me face my fear of not having everything pre-planned and under control!

Do you wanna see a picture of our pristine tidy kitchen??

Tbh it has been far worse than this in the past but it still aint the nicest place to prepare ma dindins! I've given up on trying to clean up after people - soooo not worth it - and now I  keep all my crockery and food (that cant go in the fridge) in my room cos we have absolutely no clean pots or pans anymore!
I CANNOT WAIT til next year cos the peeps I'm living with are pretty clean and tidy so our house should stay quite nice!


Today was the last exam whoop whoop! I’m glad they’re over and done with for this year at least! I then went to the cinema with an amazing friend from my course. We watched ‘The Back-up plan’. It was hilarious and made me properly laugh out loud – nothing better than a cheesey rom com to cheer you up :-) Plus the guy (Alex O'Loughlin) is preeeetttty hot!

 
We then chatted for hours back in my room (although it consisted of mostly her talking and me listening haha cos she is a complete chatterbox!) but we did talk about ED a little bit which was strange cos I hadn’t talked about it to anyone on my course. She had worked it out though, even though I couldn’t believe she would have noticed, and she seems to be one of the nicest most understanding people I’ve talked to!

She's my Little Miss Chatterbox, but I love her all the same!
I now feel good for having opened up a bit, cos it’s a pretty big secret to keep from my good friends, but also nervous that I let it out into the open. I feel like I’ve opened up too much of myself into the world which is very scary. Maybe I shouldn’t have talked about it cos it’s a pretty self-centred subject and maybe I was making a fuss about nothing? These kinds of thoughts keep coming into my head but I know they’re silly cos talking about a subject like that for 15 minutes is not really OTT! And anyway she also already knew so it wasn’t like I was breaking anything new to her.

Do you find it scary talking about things that are a big thing to you? (like eating disorders)

and

Do you like things to be neat and tidy or are you happy to live in a bit of a mess?!

Mucho lovo xxx

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Oh gosh I would go ape shit if someone stole my homemade dindins! so well done for keeping your cool. I am so uptight about mess, I need to relax more about it :). I am actually one of the most open and honest people i know, i figure, we might as well be 100% ourselves we people from the start, then there is no work to do with "revealing" yourself if u know what i mean! i am so jealuos of u finishing exams, my college like to be stupid and only start them next week!
xxxx

Anonymous said...

How annoying! I would be so upset & angry if someone ate my tea! especially if it were something i was looking forward to. I hope you hunt down the culprit! haha
Well done on finding an alternative though :)

I feel the same about opening up to people though. Only ever discussed my ED with family (to who it is obvious).

& i would die if i had to use that kitchen! Haha i'd have to clean it.

xxx