Gosh I've been a bad blogger! but I have an excuse (honest!) cos lots has been going on the last few days.
After my exam last Tues I came home and spent a few days avec mes parents before shooting back to uni on Fri night for an action packed weekend.
I left my lappy top at home, because it seemed pointless taking it just to bring it back 2 days later. But I didn't realise how naked my room would feel without it. I didn't know what to do with myself (I'm sad I know) what was I gonna do whilst eating my brekkie if I couldn't read all your amaze blogs???!
Anyway you'll be glad to know I coped and am still alive after the traumatic experience :P plus I had lots of blogs to catch up on when I came home again :D
Saturday night was the SUMMER BALL!!! Everyone was as excited as lil kids before christmas, and E had to go to bed early on Fri night to make Saturday come quicker because she "just couldn't wait any longer" haha!
We had a fab girly pampering type day on Sat which was so much fun and really sociable, and then headed off to the Race Course in the evening where the ball was being held. I had a great evening of dancing, drinking, going on funfair rides, watching Feeder play live...
... and it didn't rain thank God! although it was preeeetty chilly and my toes went numb! We came back quite early but stayed up til 6 in the morning chatting :-)
Me and the two lovely ladies I shall be living with next year
Then Sun was E's birthday. We were gonna have a bbq on the lawn by our halls but the weather wasn't havin it and in the end we just sat around indoors!
This is the card I made her:
After a few lazy hours, still hanging from the night before, it was time to get to work.... packing up my entire room!
Yeah I kinda left it til the last minute, but I didn't really think I had that much stuff left to take home. How wrong was I?! I have seriously managed to acquire a ton more possessions since I moved in in September!
But, of course my darling car coped with everything I threw at it and we struggled home that evening with me not being able to see out the rear window!
Then, before I knew it Monday morning rolled around and I got up at 6.30 to get ready for my job!!! Today has been my first ever full day's work, and all I can say for now is that I reserve judgement about this having-to-work idea. I am knackered.
Ok, well that's a brief overview of my life from the past few days haha! I know I haven't mentioned anything about food, but to be honest it took a bit of a back seat in my mind, which I think is quite a good thing.
Although, I'm disappointed I couldn't challenge myself more by having a bit of E's bday cake or munching on some of the snacks we bought for the (indoor) picnic, or ordering Dominoes pizza with everyone else. Nar mind, there's still plenty of time for all those things to happen in the future :-)
Lots of love, Amz
xxxx
1 comment:
Ahh hun, dont worry that you couldnt quite face the challenge of cake/pizza/snacks.... its a pretty big deal that you were comfortable going out and having a blast at the ball, the rest wil come with time, you're doing so well already and it might've ruined the experience if you were worrying about feeling guilty about food.
good luck with the new job, hope you're working hard missy! and just to let you know, you look FANDABBYDOZY in your pretty dress :-)
xxxx
Post a Comment